Development of a water supply network
Section: GC, ME, SIE
Location : Pomerini-Iringa, Tanzania
Duration : 2-3 months
Availability : From February 2017
Hosting structure: Tulime
Tulime organization, from about five years has begun a project that involves sending trainees in Tanzania. This project has been started with the signing of a student exchange agreement with the University of Palermo (Italy). Pursuant to this agreement, the above mentioned university, entrusts its trainees to Tulime organization, which will send them in Tanzania. The same students in general are concerned to perform duties within the projects that Tulime follows on site, such as the project District fruit, Hands of Africa (regarding the project development of local crafts), Disabled project, literacy etc.
After the signing of the first agreement, in subsequent years they have been signed with other Italian universities, including: University of Catania, Florence, Siena, Perugia, Bologna, Trieste, Milan, Sassari, Turin and Link Campus University of Rome. Up today, Tulime sent in Tanzania about 65 students.
In 2017, Tulime NGO, will continue a project started in 2016 about the improvement of the sanitary conditions of the village of Kitowo (near Pomerini). In 2016, Tulime, in partnership with the Ministry of water of Tanzanian realized a well (70 meters) in order to ladling drinking water for the Kitowo population: the depth pump is powered by solar panels:
In 2017, it must be realized the water distribution network within the Kitowo village: in particular 4 fountains will have to be fed. The intern will undertake an internship within this project.
Note: The intern will be required to pay the association which in return will cover the living expenses and provide an accomodation.
Knowledge in hydraulics and energy from renewable sources. The intern will also play activities related to feasibility studies of other wells in other neighboring villages.
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
Design of Renewable Energy System
Location : Vientiane, Laos or Yangon, Myanmar
Duration : 4-6 months
Availability : from February 2018
Hosting structure : Sunlabob Renewable Energy Ltd
Sunlabob Renewable Energy (Sunlabob) is a venture-backed internationally-focused company specializing in renewable energy and clean water solutions throughout the developing world. Established in 2000, the company has expanded far beyond its initial focus in Laos, now providing its integrated expertise of rural electrification and renewable energy to governments, multilateral development agencies, multinational companies, NGOs and SMEs throughout Southeast Asia, India, Africa and the Pacific. The company to-date has offices in Vientiane, Laos (HQ), Yangon, Myanmar, and Singapore.
Project description: Sunlabob’s engineering internship is a fantastic way for students to make a meaningful impact in developing countries, while gaining valuable professional experience. The internship requires a full time commitment of at least 4 months, and roles are available in either the Vientiane office in Laos or the Yangon office in Myanmar, depending on expected needs. The intern will work closely with a multi-cultural team of engineers and project managers and provide engineering support for Sunlabob projects. Successful completion of the internship will rely on strong technical and communication skills, and an excellent work ethic.
- Designing renewable energy systems using Helioscope, HOMER, Excel and other software
- Drawing electrical single line diagrams and system designs using AutoCAD
- Conducting site assessments
- Assisting with tender bid submissions
- Project proposal and documentation development
- Project implementation and on-site supervision support
- Energy efficiency assessments
- Developing and maintaining Sunlabob’s internal databases and knowledgebase
- Continual improvement of Sunlabob’s processes
- Technical knowledge and experience in at least one of the following areas: Renewable energy systems (particularly solar PV systems), off-grid power systems, mini-grids/micro-grids, building electrical systems, electrical distribution, battery technology, commercial energy efficiency or construction projects.
- Familiarity with electrical components and electrical engineering
- Experience with AutoCAD or other drawing tools
- Experience with design tools such as Helioscope, HOMER, PVSyst and Excel
- Ability to interpret technical details and site drawings, and communicate effectively about them
- Self-motivated, self-starter who can work independently
- Creative and adaptive problem solver
Contact : Alberto Jeronimo, Xavier Kerkhofs [Alberto.Jeronimo@sunlabob.com, email@example.com]
For further information: http://www.sunlabob.com/placement-opportunities.html#internship-opportunity